Cullman, Alabama is accessible from the north, south, east and west by Interstate 65 and major U.S. and state highways. There are four interstate exits serving the City of Cullman alone.
- Interstate 65
- U.S. Highway 31
- U.S. Highway 278
- AL Highway 69
- AL Highway 91
- AL Highway 157
Folsom Field – Cullman, AL
Folsom Field offers many amenities for corporate travelers. The airport was constructed to be suitable for corporate jets and private planes.
- 5,500 ft. paved runway – Expanding to 6,200 ft.
- Parallel 100 ft. wide taxiway
- 10 corporate hangars
- 56 t-hangars
- Open 24/7
- GPS approach rwy 20
- AWOS 124.175 & 1-256-775-7476
- Jeta & 100LL
- Fire department on-site
- 10,000 sq. ft. terminal, complete with executive and pilot lounges and showers.
- Restaurant onsite
- Conference rooms
- Maintenance hangar
- Recently acquired 32 acres for development
- Home to Skydive Alabama, Air Evac and Alabama State Troopers
- Flight lessons - helicopter and aircraft (through Wallace State College)
Flight Distances from Folsom Field in Cullman, Alabama
- Huntsville International Airport
23 Nautical Miles
- Birmingham Shuttlesworth International Airport
43 Nautical Miles
- Maxwell Air Force Base- Montgomery
115 Nautical Miles
- Fort Rucker Army Aviation- Ozark
183 Nautical Miles
- Brookley Field- Mobile (New Airbus Site)
226 Nautical Miles
Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport – Birmingham, AL
- Located 45 miles south of Cullman via Interstate 65.
- Offering 114 flights daily to 26 airports in 23 cities
- Home to 4 major airlines
- Over 6 million passengers annually
- Complex occupies 1,800 acres
In addition to airline operations, the complex includes:
- Cargo facilities
- Fixed-base operators
- Private hangars
- Alabama Air National Guard Base
- Major aircraft conversion facility
- Foreign Trade Zone
Huntsville International Airport – Huntsville, AL
- 40 miles north of Cullman via Interstate 65
- 9 cities served non-stop
- Home to 3 major airlines
- Concessions/restaurants available
- Rental car services
- SmartPark parking deck
- Over 1.2 million passengers annually
International Intermodal Center
Also located at the Huntsville International Airport is the International Intermodal Center:
- Services include: Receiving, transferring, storing, and distributing air, rail, and highway cargo both domestically and internationally
- Containers can be moved to chassis or to the depot yard via one of two 45-ton overhead gantry cranes.
- Weekly international nonstop is available to Europe, Mexico, Hong Kong and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Time-definite cargo processed through the center moves expeditiously and hassle-free in an uncongested operating environment to all points in North America and Mexico
- Designated as a US Customs Port of Entry which is home to 24-hour US Customs, US Department of Agriculture inspectors
- Foreign Trade Zone No. 83
- Rail cargo containers move on a direct spur from Norfolk Southern main line.
Other Nearby Airports
Rail services for Cullman are provided by CSX. In the state of Alabama, the rail lines run north from Athens through Cullman and Birmingham to the Port of Mobile. The rail line also connects Cullman with major cities in the eastern region of the United States, including Atlanta, Nashville, New Orleans and Chicago. Cullman has a team track in the heart of downtown. Products can be off loaded and transported to a facility. Rail service at an industrial site must be approved by CSX.